• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gone Girl (2014)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2267998

YIKES!

Talk about crazy psycho woman!

Rosamund Pike was nominated for Best Actress for her portrayal of a crazy woman/housewife and I think she will win too!

She made Alex Forrest (of Fatal Attraction for those of you who either do not remember that name or were not around in 1987) looks like a convent nun!

4/5

HA! I missed the Oscars tonight!

I knew it was on tonight but I really didn't even want to watch it.
It's been a couple of years or longer since I sat down and watched the Academy Awards show from beginning to end!

I just looked online and Birdman won Best Picture?

What?

I have never even heard of that movie.

Rosemund Pike should had won Best Actress (IMO) for her role in Gone Girl but looks like the Academy decided to play it safe and give the Oscar to Julianne Moore.

The Academy is composed of a bunch of wimps!

Edited by J7Dadda

Birdman is amazing, I'm glad it won instead of boring Boyhood. I agree that Rosamund should have won, but Julianne is due for it I guess.

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 (2014)
Yikes! I want my 2 hours back!

Katniss was whiny and a cry baby in this!

A far cry from her strong female persona in the first 2 films.

Lawrence's acting was awful too but of course she didn't have much to work with in term of a script besides being whiny and crying.

By the time she cried for Peeta for the 4th time, we have stopped caring for her!

Yes Katniss, we know you miss Peeta your first pretty boy love but come on, there are other guys around!

I can't believe she'd even agreed to that script - you'd think after 2 films and 100 of millions in box office receipts and Lawrence being the main star of the film, she would had somewhat control of the script.

Now we have to wait for a sequel which is totally unnecessary.

This could had been wrapped up in one 2 hours film instead of 2 hours of crying and pouting and pouting and crying and whining.

3 out of 10 stars.
Edited by J7Dadda

I watched the first 11 min of Night At The Museum Secret Of The Tomb.

I got to the part when they were giving the presentation at the dinner banquet and then the ancient Egyptian tablet started affecting Roosevelt and all the museum characters and everyone went berserk and panic ensued, etc etc

Just more of the same boring mayhem and recycled visual gags that were in the first 2 movies.

Not going to finish watching the rest.

Looking back at my IMDB rating for the first 2 films, I gave each one a 1 out of 10 so I doubt this one would be better if even that than the previous 2 films.

• 2 weeks later...
Just finished watching Gallipoli, the 7 part Australian mini-series that just played this month to commemorate and remember the 100th anniversary of the Battle of Gallipoli.

What a tragic waste of human life!

Screenshot of the ending:

Edited by J7Dadda

Wild Card (2015)

Not your standard Jason Statham fare.

More drama than action.

People on IMDB were complaining about the lack of action in this film... hello? Not every Statham's film has to be over the top action packed like his Transporter movies!

2.5/5

Bond, James Bond is Back!!

:woho:

ccabe2400115379.jpg e1b814400115398.jpg c224fd400115412.jpg

Oh I get it! James' father worked for Spectre, and his parents were killed by Spectre, then as we learned in Skyfall, young Bruce, er James hid in the Batcave er, tunnel, and Alfred, er Kinkaid protects him, and then, to revenge his parents death James goes to work for MI6 in Gotham City, er London . Now in the movie Spectre we learn that Blofeld is really James's father, and that James is really Luke Skywalker, and Skyfall is really named Skywalker, and the old M really worked for Spectre and is Luke's mother. Since the symbol of Spectre is a spider we learn that Bruce, um James is really Spyderman.

Edited by J7Dadda

I know there are people out there with gambling addiction but the amount of money he gambled away in this movie playing 5 digits bets per hand is totally absurd!

I am surprised this movie was not nominated for any Academy Awards!

The Gambler (2014)

4/5

Teaser Trailer 2.

Still looks like Crap to me!

The Millennium Falcon being chased by Tie Fighters while flying through something narrow and dodging obstacles in its path.

Where have we seen that before?

Oh yes! In The Empire Strikes Back. In Return Of The Jedi!

Same old rehashed scenes, just different movie.

Edited by J7Dadda

• 2 weeks later...
Jupiter Ascending (2015)

Oh my Gawd!

I think The Wachowskis brother and sister (for those of you who do not know this already, they were originally 2 brothers but recently, one of them had a surgical procedure turning him into a female) had good intentions when they came up with the story for this movie but somewhere along the pre-production and production, their creative process and thought was lost.

This movie is a mess!

Where do I start?

The pacing of the narrative was erratic due to poor editing.

Who the heck edited this movie? Whoever the hell he or she is, he or she needs to go back to editing school.

Scenes were cut off in mid execution.

Scenes appear out of nowhere without any previous references or exposure.

Characters are shown never to be shown again. Did the Wachowski not have a continuity person?

Great actors like Sean Bean are wasted.

The story is an even bigger convoluted hot mess.

Who is who?

What are their motives?

Who is on which side?

Wait!

Aren't they all the same family?

The action sequences felt like they were just thrown in because "Yo! We have $176 million dollar budget and most of it is for CGI and SFX so let's have another cool chase in space scene. Don't want that money to go to waste, do we?"

Hey Wachowskis!

Now that you had the chance to sow your creativity oats with one movie failure after another: Speed Racer, Cloud Atlas, Jupiter Ascending, etc. etc.

Can we have another Matrix Movie?

1 out of 5