• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, that one!

I wish I could fight like that!

It really was a fantastic movie, and it is definitely one of my favourites now. I picked Mike Shinoda for the soundtrack as soon as I heard it playing in the movie -- Mike Shinoda does a lot of work with Linkin Park.

Hollywood, take note of this one! :lol: :lol:

2012 is almost over so here's the "LIST"!!

Biggest movie flops of 2012:

9318f6227756532.jpg

John Carter

Estimated loss: $200 million

9d325b227756512.jpg

Cloud Atlas

Estimated loss: $160 million (yet to open globally)

(Hmmm - a bit premature to label this a flop, since it hasn't opened globally yet)

534c21227756502.jpg

Battleship

Estimated loss: $100 million

(not surprised about this one...)

a9eaa7227756544.jpg

Rock Of Ages

Estimated loss: $95 million

ec7e8d227756539.jpg

The Oogieloves In The Big Balloon Adventure

Estimated loss: $60 million

(WTF? Never heard of this one...)

25b33b227756519.jpg

Dark Shadows

Estimated loss: $60 million

f68a45227756564.jpg

Total Recall

Estimated loss: $55 million

406420227756551.jpg

That's My Boy

Estimated loss: $50 million

bec038227756524.jpg

Dredd

Estimated loss: $45 million

(If I were the film makers, I would be seriously embarrassed that this flick apparently made $85 million less than the Sylvester Stallone 1995 version)

63c068227756559.jpg

The Watch

Estimated loss: $40 million

Details:

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/photos/biggest-movie-flops-of-2012-slideshow/

I must be dreaming!!

:blink:

Ender's Game, based on the Orson Scott Card's novel.

5cbdfc228088147.jpg

Winner of the the Nebula Award for best novel in 1985 and the Hugo Award for best novel in 1986,

part of the Ender Saga consisting of 12 novels, 12 short stories and 47 comic issues.

3e8801228087806.jpg

Sypnosis:

In the near future, a hostile alien race (called the Formics) have attacked Earth. If not for the legendary heroics of International Fleet Commander, Mazer Rackham (Ben Kingsley), all would have been lost. In preparation for the next attack, the highly esteemed Colonel Graff (Harrison Ford) and the International Military are training only the best young children to find the future Mazer. Ender Wiggin (Asa Butterfield), a shy, but strategically brilliant boy is pulled out of his school to join the elite.

Arriving at Battle School, Ender quickly and easily masters increasingly difficult war games, distiguising himself and winning respect amongst his peers. Ender is soon ordained by Graff as the military's next great hope, resulting in his promotion to Command School. Once there, he's trained by Mazer Rackham, himself, to lead his fellow soldiers into an epic battle that will determine the future of Earth and save the human race.

Ender's Game also stars Aramis Knight, Hailee Steinfeld, Jimmy Pinchak, Viola Davis and Abigail Breslin. The film is written and directed by Gavin Hood (X-Men Origins: Wolverine) and opens in theaters Nov. 1, 2013.

This better not turn out to be another book to movie adaptation flop which there have been so many of lately: The Hunger Games, Percy Jackson & the Olympians, The Golden Compass His Dark Materials and The Twilight series.

Today I went to see Wreck-It Ralph!

It was just such a fantastic movie! And to see some classic gaming characters like Kano, Smoke, Sonic, Ken, Ryu, Zangief and many more getting cameos in was brilliant! Even Lara got a mention!

The animation is beautiful and a great amount of attention has been given to the detail. Amazing voice work from John C. Reilly, Jane Lynch, Jack McBrayer and the rest of the cast...some of the voices people will recognise from games. It's a very well written story that will appeal to audiences young and old, so if you've been unsure like I was, give it a go. It's not often these days that Disney can produce such a gem.

I give it 9/10, I enjoyed it that much. :lol:

Edited by Morph

• 4 weeks later...

Taken 2 (2012)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1397280/

Do yourselves a favor and don't get taken by this POS!

We started watching it and I left the room not even 20 min into it.

Andrea kept watching it to the end and she couldn't stop laughing at it.

This time is Liam and his wife that gets kidnapped and Liam's daughter, who he saved in the first movie, comes to his rescue.

There is no U.S. Embassy in Instabul with U.S. Marines manning 50 calibers machine guns and armored personnel carriers at the entrance of it.

They shoot up the car that Liam Neeson and his daughter are in and used to ram the concrete barricades blocking the entrance of the Embassy.

Then the car comes to the stop inside the Embassy courtyard with both Neeson and his daughter unhurt.

The car is not even surrounded at gunpoint by any U.S. Marines.

Neeson is able to make a call to his C.I.A. friend who will make a call to the Embassy to make sure they are not shot as they exit the car.

Neeson's daughter can't drive good enough to pass the driving test in 2 attempts to get a Driver's License, all of a sudden can drive a stick shift car through the narrow streets of Instanbul with bad guys in other cars, chasing them and shooting at them.

Furthermore, Neeson's daughter is able to set off bombs and grenades smack in the middle of Instanbul and the might of Turkey's Army and Security Forces don't show up at all!

Now there is already talk about a sequel!

Who are they going to kidnap next time?

Since I didn't finish watching it, I can't give it a rating but if push comes to shove and I am asked to rated it, I will give it a ZERO!

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with this movie's premise.

Organic used to be reserved to a few small farmers who were truly growing organic food.

Now it's just another big corporate scam to get your money.

I bet 3/4 of the stuff out there that's labeled organic is not even organic.

How are you going to check it anyway?

My brother's wife is crazy about organic.

Everything in her refrigerator and pantry is organic: meat, salad, fruit, veggies, eggs, juices, butter, milk, ragu', pasta, butter, potato chips, canned goods even down to organic canned tuna (no way, tuna is wild caught, not farm raised - I had an argument with her about that).

if it can be slapped an organic label on it, she has it.

Just think of all the money they would have saved by not buying organic and paying the premium mark up for it:

I would say $10,000 a year easy!

p.s. I've tasted organic food - it doesn't taste any different than regular food.

I couldn't agree more!

We brought a pumpkin from the organic store just across from Woolworths, because they had none at the time, and it cost $10.40AUD!

That much for a pumpkin that tastes just like any other pumpkin!

We usually pay about $5.00 for a them!

In other DIE HARD news, A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD reportedly has a running time of 97 minutes, making it by far the shortest entry in the series.

This film will be the death-knell for the series.

angry.gif

I've always equated short-running times with low budget pictures, or films that simply didn't have enough plot to sustain 2 hours or more. Quite frankly, I'd rather not go see an action film that is less than 2 hours and 15 minutes long. Only comedies should be in the 1:40 to 1:55 range. Action,drama, sci-fi, detective, period pieces....all should be at a minimum 2 hours and 15 minutes, if not much longer.

I was already somewhat skeptical of releasing the film in February; now this new running time makes the prospect of success a lot more worrisome.

I'm just not going to roll out of bed, and spend $10 on 90 minutes of actual movie, 7 minutes of credits, and 20 minutes of previews for other films. rolleyes.gif A 90 minute action film is not worth the investment. It brings to mind cheap, B-grade, straight-to-vhs/dvd rentals like HARD TICKET TO HAWAII and ANY POS WITH STEVEN SEAGAL IN THEM.

You have to intrinsically understand that a 97 minute film is the mark of no-quality. It's the white flag of surrender. It's like saying we could barely scrape enough quality material to fill up 90 minutes plus the credits.

Length is no guarantee of success, but I'd rather try and do more with more than try and do more with less. At two hours you can at least say you gave the audience as much bang for their buck as you could. At an hour and a half, you're all but admitting total failure.

I can't think of an entry in any major franchise where the film was 97 minutes and a good film. Alien Versus Predator crapped out at 87 minutes.....SUPERMAN IV was a waste of 90 minutes.....

I'd rather a franchise tried big and failed with 2 hours than essentially aim low and hit the target.

thumbsdown.gif

This is just like FOX.

FOX does it again!

Screwing up another movie franchise with crappy entries.

They did it to the Alien franchise and the Predator franchise, now Die Hard franchise.

What's next?

The Star Wars franchise?

Oh wait.. they already did that when they sold it to Disney and Disney hired Abrams...

whistle.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD......

I'm from Russia(and my english is very bad :wacko:, if you the against, I quit this forum :D , but my friends said me, there is a good people :D ), I saw this "film". If in Russian, it is a "sad shit")))Truth, I saw a camrip :) Unintelligible subject, endless cartridge, veneer shelters......Another parts were better)Also,I from Chelyabinsk sity(sex, drugs, meteorite))))

After almost a year, I've finally broke down and watch The Dark Knight Rises.

Noisy, Pretentious Convoluted Monotonous Overrated POS!

Christopher Nolan is a Talentless Hack!

1 star out of 10 stars!

It's getting 1 star because of Hathaway as Catwoman otherwise I would had given it a big fat ZERO

699c90245746679.jpg

After almost a year, I've finally broke down and watch The Dark Knight Rises.
Noisy, Pretentious Convoluted Monotonous Overrated POS!
Christopher Nolan is a Talentless Hack!
1 star out of 10 stars!
It's getting 1 star because of Hathaway as Catwoman otherwise I would had given it a big fat ZERO
699c90245746679.jpg

Aw, it's too bad you hate it that much. I thought it was ok, but not great. There's a lot of things wrong with it, but I enjoy watching it. I thought the best part of the movie was Tom Hardy as Bane :tongue2:

In other DIE HARD news, A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD reportedly has a running time of 97 minutes, making it by far the shortest entry in the series.

This film will be the death-knell for the series.

angry.gif

I've always equated short-running times with low budget pictures, or films that simply didn't have enough plot to sustain 2 hours or more. Quite frankly, I'd rather not go see an action film that is less than 2 hours and 15 minutes long. Only comedies should be in the 1:40 to 1:55 range. Action,drama, sci-fi, detective, period pieces....all should be at a minimum 2 hours and 15 minutes, if not much longer.

I was already somewhat skeptical of releasing the film in February; now this new running time makes the prospect of success a lot more worrisome.

I'm just not going to roll out of bed, and spend $10 on 90 minutes of actual movie, 7 minutes of credits, and 20 minutes of previews for other films. rolleyes.gif A 90 minute action film is not worth the investment. It brings to mind cheap, B-grade, straight-to-vhs/dvd rentals like HARD TICKET TO HAWAII and ANY POS WITH STEVEN SEAGAL IN THEM.

You have to intrinsically understand that a 97 minute film is the mark of no-quality. It's the white flag of surrender. It's like saying we could barely scrape enough quality material to fill up 90 minutes plus the credits.

Length is no guarantee of success, but I'd rather try and do more with more than try and do more with less. At two hours you can at least say you gave the audience as much bang for their buck as you could. At an hour and a half, you're all but admitting total failure.

I can't think of an entry in any major franchise where the film was 97 minutes and a good film. Alien Versus Predator crapped out at 87 minutes.....SUPERMAN IV was a waste of 90 minutes.....

I'd rather a franchise tried big and failed with 2 hours than essentially aim low and hit the target.

thumbsdown.gif

This is just like FOX.

FOX does it again!

Screwing up another movie franchise with crappy entries.

They did it to the Alien franchise and the Predator franchise, now Die Hard franchise.

What's next?

The Star Wars franchise?

Oh wait.. they already did that when they sold it to Disney and Disney hired Abrams...

whistle.gif

I was really shocked at how short it was. It was mostly action, not much plot, like you said. When we bought the box Blu-ray set of all the Die Hard movies, Amazon included a $10.00 coupon off tickets to the new movie. My husband and I just saw it last night. There were only two couples in the theater! Granted, it was a Wednesday night, but still! It's done in the theaters now around here.

You're right, I think this is the end of the series. At least the action was good enough, and the scenes with his on-screen son weren't over-the-top mushy. There were some good one-liners in there, too.

• 2 weeks later...
I've been trying very hard to avoid reading anything about this movie so I will go into the movie theater on opening weekend unspoiled.

I just came across these posters of Alice Eve as Dr. Carol Marcus.

I didn't even knew Alice Eve was in here much less which part she was playing.

Wasn't Dr. Carol Marcus Kirk's ex girlfriend in Star Trek The Wrath Of Khan?

She was in charge of the Genesis Project and the Mother of Kirk's only son?

aca450251476404.jpg cb7679251476409.jpg