Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shrensh

ModRaider
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Shrensh

  1. A patch for the PC version of the game was released this morning, and I noticed the difference right away (namely that effects such as lens flares and water droplets on the screen now work in full screen mode). Announcement from Nixxes Patch notes: Addressed some stability and startup issues on machines that have both Intel and NVIDIA graphics hardware. Fix for players being unable to progress related to the boat in the beach area. Some fixes for crashes on startup and when selecting Options. Some small improvements to TressFX hair rendering. Fixes for various graphics glitches, including certain effects not being visible in fullscreen mode. Fixed a problem that caused some users to not be able to use exclusive fullscreen. Added support for separate mouse/gamepad inversion for aiming, as well as support for x-axis inversion. Fixes related to the benchmark scene and benchmark mode. Various other small fixes. They've also added the ability to opt into a beta form of the game (Build716.5) which is unpatched in case people have trouble with the patch, although you'll only be able to multiplayer with people on the same version of the game as you.
  2. When the men get close to you, use the roll/evade button when they try to hit you to dodge them. Also, you can try pulling out a gun and shooting them in the legs as that'll stun them, and depending on what combat skills you've chosen while upgrading that'll let you pull off finishing moves to kill them.
  3. If you want to know why I hated the quick-time events, have a look at this video from 09:55 to 13:15. That was my experience, except more so http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Tvbr4kdeVEc#t=595s Next time I go through that area I'm going to turn the graphics all the way down and see if that makes any difference, especially since I have an Nvidia card and Nvidia owners got really shafted with this release
  4. Unfortunately it seems that there is a game-stopping bug at the shipwreck area which is triggered by leaving the beach and going through the areas on the left too early. Is this similar to what has happened to you? http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=134234 What platform are you playing on? If you're on PC I may have a save near that area.
  5. lol, yeah, or sometimes when I was very carefully pressing buttons only to realise that it had transitioned to a video I wasn't controlling Lara at all
  6. Try turning your graphics settings down for this one; I've heard reports from people saying that framerate slowdowns during this QTE can cause the game and the button presses to be out of synch. If you're having a problem getting past the left-right bit by mashing the keys very quickly, try slowing down a bit. The game seems to be very fussy about how fast you press the keys during this QTE. After the left right-bit, wait for the exclamation mark to appear before pressing F once (don't press it too soon though), and then when the hand icon appears, keep pressing E very fast. After that, wait for another exclamation mark to appear and press F, then keep hitting F to stab the wolf. I had massive difficulty getting past this point too. I finally got past it by slowing down my button presses during the left-right part.
  7. Thanks I like the action ones too, but I have to be prepared to die a few times when I decide to get some
  8. Just finished the game, with 96% completed The only complaints I have are with the very large amount of quick time / scripted events at the start of the game, and only having three save slots. Otherwise, it was an excellent experience, and I'm definitely going to play through it again
  9. Excellent, glad you figured it out
  10. OK, I know where you are now and I see what you mean. I don't have any useful advice unfortunately I suppose you could try pressing shift, as that would usually cause Lara to drop down and grab the ledge and might shift the camera a bit. I doubt that would work during a scripted sequence like that though.
  11. Lara just shoves everything she finds into her bottomless pockets Not a picture, but a video this time. I was on a climbing wall and something interesting happened because I was holding Shift, and that confused the game.
  12. I haven't heard any other reports of this bug yet so I don't have any solid solutions, but since you appear to be playing the PC version, have you tried verifying the integrity of the game cache? I find this will sometimes clear up game freezes and crashes. Right-click on the Tomb Raider entry in your Steam Library, and go to properties. Then go to Local Files, and click on "Verify Integrity of Game Cache". If anything went wrong with the game download/installation that is causing this bug, this should fix it.
  13. Karl Stewart from Square Enix said in one of the podcasts that PC DVD sales in North America aren't high enough to justify making a retail edition of the game, whereas in Europe PC DVDs still sell well enough for it. I don't live in North America, but I can see his point. The only games store in easy reach of my home has a tiny section for PC games, and the local supermarkets don't sell PC games at all. I haven't gone into a shop and bought a game for over three years now, and in that time I've only ordered three retail editions online (one I only bought so I'd have a physical CD key to link to my Steam account for security reasons, and one was Tomb Raider, which I wanted to add the the collection of Tomb Raider discs on my shelf). Plus I think PC gamers are far more willing than console gamers go to the digital route because we can't re-sell our games, and are more likely to have faster internet connections. It sucks for those people who have slow internet connections and low monthly bandwidth caps though, and for collectors too Interestingly enough, according to the Entertainment Software Association, the average age of a gamer is 30, and the average age of the most frequent game purchaser is 35. http://www.theesa.com/facts/index.asp
  14. Welcome to Jim! I'm at 88% complete now, and according to my Steam stats I've been playing for 19 hours. Don't know how far it is to the end now, but I must be getting pretty close. I've been spending a lot of time searching for relics, GPS caches and other assorted loot, but I think I'm going to hold off on the quick travelling until I've finished the game. I've seen a few reports now of people who have quick travelled and then been unable to get back to their previous location to continue the story.
  15. OK, good luck, hope you get the save you're looking for
  16. Have you pressed the melee key to push the box? (F by default on PC).
  17. Only thing I can think of is, when you look at your fast travel locations is there a quest marker above one of them? At one point I thought I was in the same situation as you, at round about the same location too (some time shortly after the radio tower). Then I noticed the quest marker above one of the fast travel locations, which took me back to the story (I had assumed that the camp I had travelled from would be at the end of the list of locations, when it was actually in the middle).
  18. Thanks! I was wondering where the save files were kept. I'm going to start copying the files out as backups too, as I've seen a few people with game-stopping bugs and I'd rather not have to re-do hours of game time if I encounter one.
  19. It's about time for a screenshot thread! Click on any of the pictures for the full size (1920x1080). Although there are no specific story spoilers below, there are some pictures from areas quite close to the end of the game, so proceed at your own risk Pretty landscape. This is a really good-looking game. I wonder how that got that ship up there? I like this beach picture. Very atmospheric with the shipwrecks. A lovely sunset. I wish I could run the game on Ultimate graphics settings, but I think my poor old computer would catch fire if I tried... Lara is very relieved to have finally reached the ground after dying a bunch of times during a scripted sequence. And a few action shots:
  20. . 79% of the game completed. Thoroughly enjoying it at the moment I'm only as far as I am in the game because I've got a few days off work and the weather is lousy so I'm staying at home I take this back; there is a way to manually save and switch save slots. It's under "Change save slot" in the menu instead of "Save Game", which is why I missed it. Only three save slots though, which is still annoying but I can live with that.
  21. There's no way that I'm aware of to turn that off, unfortunately.
  22. What happened when you fast travelled? I've done that a few times and haven't had anything bad happen because of it, but it would be useful to have some more information so I can avoid it myself if possible. The earliest save I have is at the Summit Forest (66% complete), if you want that.
  23. Yeah, the save points are very frequent. Like Morph says, just look out for the TR logo in the corner of the screen
  24. LOL, yeah, one thing I will say for this game is that when I rage quit out over one of these things I don't have to re-play large chunks of the game to get back to it
  25. If you have an Nvidia graphics card, that could be the problem. If you do have an Nvidia card, try disabling tesselation in the advanced graphics options. If that doesn't work, try disabling exclusive fullscreen and vsync.


LARA CROFT ONLINE TOMB RAIDER HOME PAGE

© Lara Croft Online All rights reserved. "Serving Tomb Raider Fans Since 2001"

Lara Croft ® and Tomb Raider ™ are trademarks of © CDE Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.