Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

TR: Anniversary Reflection

Tomb Raider: Anniversary Reflection

#1) I Play TRA On ________________.

#2) TR1 original had Save Crystals but TRA kept the Checkpoints like in Legend. What is your opinion on this? Do you think this was a good idea?

#3) Out of the following new features that were presented in TRA, Which of the following was your favorite and least favorite?

- Wall Run
- Adrenaline Dodge
- Balancing Over Poles

Also, which one did you master the fastest, and which one became a little bit more complicated for you to get use to?

#4) Interactive Cutscenes made a return, YAY or NAY? If NAY please give a brief explanation.

#5) Cistern and the Tomb of Tihocan have been merged into a single level. What are your thoughts on this? Do you think they should have just kept them as two separate levels?

#6) Worst remade level was ____________________ because ____________________.

#7) Best remade level was ____________________ because ____________________.

#8) Did you get to collect every Relic? Or are you still on the hunt for them? If you are still on the hunt for them...which ones are you missing and where?

#9) Which Relic did you find first?

#10) Which Relic was your favorite?

#11) Relics are used to unlock new outfits. Which outfit was your favorite and least favorite?

- Wet Suit
- Classic Lara
- Camouflage
- Catsuit
- Legend
- Golden
- Doppelganger
- Scorched Natla
- Croft Manor Sport

#12) Lara's Wet Suit in TR2 read SOLA on her chest, did you noticed that in TRA SOLA was substituted with designs?

#13) Did you get to collect all Artifacts? Or are you still missing some/most of them?

#14) Did you like Winstons new look? Yes or No and Why?

#15) Do you miss Lara's Obstacle Course?

#16) Did you manage to complete Croft Manor's Time Trial? If yes, do you remember the time you made it in?

#17) Unlike in Legend, in TRA you can go outside of Lara's mansion, Do you feel like they could have added the Quad Bike area like in TR3 or just overall added more things to do outside?

#18) Hardest boss battle was ____________________ because ____________________.

#19) Easiest boss battle was ___________________ because ____________________.

#20) Legless mutant make-over...Liked or Didn't Liked? Why?

#21) T-Rex make-over...Liked or Didn't Liked? Why?

#22) Natla's make-over...Liked or Didn't Liked? Why?

#23) Pierre Or Larson in TRA?

#24) My favorite level was ___________________ because __________________.

#25) My least favorite level was ___________________ because ____________________.

#26) The easiest level was ____________________ because ____________________.

#27) The hardest level was ____________________ because ____________________.

#28) Anything else that you would like to add or say, please do so now.

~End Of Reflection, Thank You For Taking It~

>Motoko<

#1) I Play TRA On PS2 .

#2) TR1 original had Save Crystals but TRA kept the Checkpoints like in Legend. What is your opinion on this? Do you think this was a good idea? I liked the checkpoints because it made for faster loading when you wanted to continue playing.

#3) Out of the following new features that were presented in TRA, Which of the following was your favorite and least favorite? Balancing on poles. Adrenaline dodge least favorite, it was ok at first but this got used way too much in the game.

- Wall Run

- Adrenaline Dodge

- Balancing Over Poles

Also, which one did you master the fastest, and which one became a little bit more complicated for you to get use to? Balancing on poles was easy. Again the dodge was used too much in the game so it was complicated, especially in boss fights.

#4) Interactive Cutscenes made a return, YAY or NAY? If NAY please give a brief explanation. NAY!!! This took the fun out of some key events in the game. I hope these don't return in the next TR game.

#5) Cistern and the Tomb of Tihocan have been merged into a single level. What are your thoughts on this? Do you think they should have just kept them as two separate levels? They should've remained separate. Because the Cistern in this game was reduced to pushing a few crates and pushing levers to raise water or lower it. I was rather disappointed with this level.

#6) Worst remade level was Tomb of Tihocan

because it was 2 levels merged together.

#7) Best remade level was The Caves

becauseThis level still had some of its original features that were in the first TR

#8) Did you get to collect every Relic? Or are you still on the hunt for them? If you are still on the hunt for them...which ones are you missing and where? No and still on the hunt for them. the second relic in Midas' Palaces, Sanctuary of the Scion and Great Pyramid.

#9) Which Relic did you find first? Whale Bottle

#10) Which Relic was your favorite? Mummified Cat

#11) Relics are used to unlock new outfits. Which outfit was your favorite and least favorite?

I use Legend and the Camouflage outfits when replaying. Least favorite is wet suit.

- Wet Suit

- Classic Lara

- Camouflage

- Catsuit

- Legend

- Golden

- Doppelganger

- Scorched Natla

- Croft Manor Sport

#12) Lara's Wet Suit in TR2 read SOLA on her chest, did you noticed that in TRA SOLA was substituted with designs? nope I didn't notice this at all

#13) Did you get to collect all Artifacts? Or are you still missing some/most of them? I'm still missing a few of them.

#14) Did you like Winstons new look? Yes or No and Why? Yes. He looked like a real person.

#15) Do you miss Lara's Obstacle Course?If referring to the outside course then yes I do miss it, that was the best and getting to shoot the targets.

#16) Did you manage to complete Croft Manor's Time Trial? If yes, do you remember the time you made it in?I managed to complete it. I don't know right off what my time was.

#17) Unlike in Legend, in TRA you can go outside of Lara's mansion, Do you feel like they could have added the Quad Bike area like in TR3 or just overall added more things to do outside? They could've added the obstacle course to test the players skill in using the new techniques.

#18) Hardest boss battle was The Two Horsemen at Tomb of Tihocan because I died several times from being petrified and then being destroyed.

#19) Easiest boss battle was No Legged Mutant because All you had to do was stun it so it would hang off the edge and then just blast its hand until it fell.

#20) Legless mutant make-over...Liked or Didn't Liked? Why? Didn't like and the whole bit of it swallowing Lara didn't need to be put into this game.

#21) T-Rex make-over...Liked or Didn't Liked? Why?Dislike, it didn't look much different from the T-rex in the original TR.

#22) Natla's make-over...Liked or Didn't Liked? Why? Didn't like. They made her look took skinny in this one, the Natla in the original looked better.

#23) Pierre Or Larson in TRA? I still have to pick Larson.

#24) My favorite level was The Caves because It still looked somewhat like the original did.

#25) My least favorite level wasColisseum because It was too short, and there wasn't much to do

#26) The easiest level was Final Conflict because Level design was easy and the bosses didn't prove much of a challenge to me.

#27) The hardest level was Great Pyramid becauseAll of the timed stuff, I almost quit playing altogether because of one part of that .

I play on PS2

2. Yes I like the check points.

3. My fave was the wall run,but it took the longest to learn. The dodge was easy.

4. I like the scences b'c we get to look at Lara.

5. It was all right.

6. i never played the org.

7. Loved the lost valley.

8. I am still missing some. In the final level I think.

9. The one in the first(or was it second?) level.(camo)

10. cat

11. Fave catsuit love how it fits. Least would be classic b/c it felt weird.

12. Yeah, thats all right

13. Missing a few

14. He should talk.

15. That would have been cool.

16.Yes, around 19.

17. Bike course would be sweet!

18. two mummies

19.Natla

20.It was cool.

21.T-rex was awsome it was huge!

22.Natla looked cool

23. Larson was looking good.

24. My fave was Lost Valley

25. Hated the 2nd to last.

26. Easiest was peru

27. Hardest was Egypt

28. I absolutely loved this game!

#1) I played it on the PC.

#2) No. I miss the ability to save wherever you want.

#3) Wall Run. The Adrenaline Dodge was too difficult for me.

#4) I liked the interactive cutscenes.

#5) I wish that they were kept as two seperate levels like in the original.

#6) Worst remade level was Tomb of Qualopec because what happened to all of the colorful orange paint?

#7) Best remade level was The Great Pyramid because it was big and, in a way, scarier than the original TR's Atlantis.

#8) I'm still hunting for them.

#9) Somewhere in the Caves level, I don't know...

#10) I don't have one.

#11) I haven't even seen all of the outfits.

#12) No, I did not.

#13) I'm missing most of them.

#14) No. I miss the old design.

#15) I miss Lara's old mansion, not the obstacle course.

#16) No and No.

#17) I like the ability to go outside, but there should have been more areas for Lara to explore, like in TR 2's mansion.

#18) Hardest boss battle was Natla because it was the final boss battle?

#19) Easiest boss battle was Larson because I've gotten used to fighting him.

#20) I liked it. It was a lot more scary than the original.

#21) I liked it.

#22) No. I liked Natla's older buisiness woman design.

#23) Larson.

#24) My favorite level was The Great Pyramid because of the graphics.

#25) My least favorite level was City of Vilc(...) because it was hard to learn all the new moves.

#26) The easiest level was Caves because it was more laid back?

#27) The hardest level was: I can't really decide...

#1) I Play TRA On ________________.

PS2

#2) TR1 original had Save Crystals but TRA kept the Checkpoints like in Legend. What is your opinion on this? Do you think this was a good idea?

I do think they could have kept the Save Crystals like in the original it would have been cool but I guess the Checkpoints are good anyway.

#3) Out of the following new features that were presented in TRA, Which of the following was your favorite and least favorite?

My favorite was the Balancing Over Poles and my least favorite was the Adrenaline Dodge.

- Wall Run

- Adrenaline Dodge

- Balancing Over Poles

Also, which one did you master the fastest, and which one became a little bit more complicated for you to get use to?

I mastered the Balancing Over Poles the fastest very easy and the one that gave a a bit more trouble to get use to was the Adrenaline Dodge.

#4) Interactive Cutscenes made a return, YAY or NAY? If NAY please give a brief explanation.

NAY! I felt like they ruined the mood at times, I just didn't like them in TRA at all.

#5) Cistern and the Tomb of Tihocan have been merged into a single level. What are your thoughts on this? Do you think they should have just kept them as two separate levels?

I was actually pretty bothered with this idea since Cistern was one of my favorite levels in the original, and I was also pretty surprised that they just combined them into one whole level so they shouldn't have done that.

The Final Conflict because to me it felt extremely rushed compared to the original, the place wasn't even shaking, if you fell off the platform when battling the legless mutant boss the fall wasn't as dramatic and after you beat Natla you had to climb all the way to the top of the place to slide down and make the exit, and in TRA it was like, ok I'm done.

Mountain Caves lol! they just looked like real caves now and the wolves scared the crap out of me at first with their howling.

#8) Did you get to collect every Relic? Or are you still on the hunt for them? If you are still on the hunt for them...which ones are you missing and where?

Still on the hunt for them, and I'm missing alot of them but I can't recall the places that I'm missing them from at the moment.

Mummified Cat

Mummified Cat

My favorite was the Camouflage and my least favorite was the Wet Suit.

#12) Lara's Wet Suit in TR2 read SOLA on her chest, did you noticed that in TRA SOLA was substituted with designs?

Yes I did and in Spanish "Sola" means "Alone" which was something I always liked since Lara Croft does work alone, and now in TRA the Wet Suit doesn't say SOLA anymore Nooooo....lol =[

#13) Did you get to collect all Artifacts? Or are you still missing some/most of them?

I'm still missing some.

Yes! At least he isn't following Lara around with a tray making weird noises/sounds lol So I really did like Winstons new look, very happy with that.

I miss it terribly, it was so much fun.

#16) Did you manage to complete Croft Manor's Time Trial? If yes, do you remember the time you made it in?

I didn't really get too far in Croft Manor, well at least not yet so I never got to finish the Time Trial.

#17) Unlike in Legend, in TRA you can go outside of Lara's mansion, Do you feel like they could have added the Quad Bike area like in TR3 or just overall added more things to do outside?

Yes, I really do feel like they could have added the Quad Bike and Obstacle Course. I do remember also this secret aquarium in TR3 where you find the key to the Quad Bike area, that was sweet! I want the aquarium back lol!

The Two Horsemen because It took me a while to figure out what to do, after that they were still a challenge to get.

T-Rex because it was just getting it to hit itself on the wall with thoose things and performing the Adrenaline Dodge and the area was pretty big, so just running around and stuff.

Yes and No, I was like well it looks a little better but then at the same time I was like, well maybe they could have done this ect. but overall it was a good attempt.

I seriously thought that the T-Rex looked a little goofy, not very scary like it could have been.

I totally agree with Blade on this one, she was too skinny.

LARSON!

St. Francis Folly because it still rocked on TRA loved it.

#25) My least favorite level was ___________________ because ____________________.

The Coliseum because it was kinda pointless and x-tremely short.

City of Vilcabamba because there wasn't much to do.

Obelisk of Khamoon because of thoose stupid wall runs with thoose annoying stupid blades. I was stuck there for a while.

I liked the music in Croft Manor and the setting at night.

>Motoko<

• 2 weeks later...

#1) I Play TRA On PS2

#2) TR1 original had Save Crystals but TRA kept the Checkpoints like in Legend. What is your opinion on this? Do you think this was a good idea? I think they could have save crystals like in TR3 where you can use them wherever you whant because it would be something more to look for. At least I think it´s wrong that you could get full health with checkpoints because it´s no need for healthspacks then .

#3) Out of the following new features that were presented in TRA, Which of the following was your favorite and least favorite? I like all of them

- Wall Run

- Adrenaline Dodge

- Balancing Over Poles

Also, which one did you master the fastest, and which one became a little bit more complicated for you to get use to?Balacing poles was easy accept when you get smashed by walls, I had some problems with wall running but I liked it because almost everything else was easy.

#4) Interactive Cutscenes made a return, YAY or NAY? If NAY please give a brief explanation. YAY

#5) Cistern and the Tomb of Tihocan have been merged into a single level. What are your thoughts on this? Do you think they should have just kept them as two separate levels? I thought Cistern was to shourt and easy but I liked the tomb of Tihocan part better than the original because it was hard and I like it when it´s not to easy.

#6) Worst remade level was coloseum because short and easy.

#7) Best remade level was Tempel of Khamoon because Looks amazing.

#8) Did you get to collect every Relic? Or are you still on the hunt for them? If you are still on the hunt for them...which ones are you missing and where? I don´t really like searching for secrets, I find it boring because you don´t get much of rewards, I like rewards in form of walkthroughs. But I did get all of them by using walkthroughs because I wanted to see special unit but it wasn´t much to see.

#9) Which Relic did you find first? I think the one in the first level.

#10) Which Relic was your favorite? I liked the ones in midas palace because they where a bit difficult.

#11) Relics are used to unlock new outfits. Which outfit was your favorite and least favorite? I don´t find unlocking outfits that much fun so I haven´t seen all of them but catsuit sounds cool. However I think relics should unlock real bonus levels not like special unit that would get me interested in looking for them.

- Wet Suit

- Classic Lara

- Camouflage

- Catsuit

- Legend

- Golden

- Doppelganger

- Scorched Natla

- Croft Manor Sport

#12) Lara's Wet Suit in TR2 read SOLA on her chest, did you noticed that in TRA SOLA was substituted with designs? No

#13) Did you get to collect all Artifacts? Or are you still missing some/most of them? No

#14) Did you like Winstons new look? Yes or No and Why? I never been interested in Lara´s house so I don´t know how he looked before but I did find it strange that he didn´t talk.

#15) Do you miss Lara's Obstacle Course?I haven´t seen it before

#16) Did you manage to complete Croft Manor's Time Trial? If yes, do you remember the time you made it in? I haven´t even completed croft manor yet I find it a bit boring. It doesn´t feel like a game when it´s no enemies. I probably would find it more fun if you have to complete croft manor to complete the rest of the game. Like if you complete croft manor you unlock the rest of the game or getting bonus levels.

#17) Unlike in Legend, in TRA you can go outside of Lara's mansion, Do you feel like they could have added the Quad Bike area like in TR3 or just overall added more things to do outside?The more the better

#18) Hardest boss battle was the hourse men because Had to use a walkthrough but then it was really fun.

#19) Easiest boss battle was T-rex because Did it my secound try with using only one healthpack, Natla was also easy did it my first try but with 10 healthpacks .

#20) Legless mutant make-over...Liked or Didn't Liked? Why? I liked him, I like boss fights when you do more then just shooting like using the adrenaline dodge or the grapple. I didn´t like boss fights in the earlier games.

#21) T-Rex make-over...Liked or Didn't Liked? Why? I like doing the adrenaline dodge so I like him more now

#22) Natla's make-over...Liked or Didn't Liked? Why? I like her she looked evil

#23) Pierre Or Larson in TRA? don´t know

#24) My favorite level was Temple of Kahmoon Looked really good and wasn´t to easy or to difficult it was just perfect .

#25) My least favorite level was coloseum because they have removed the best part from the original the closing doors.

#26) The easiest level was city of villacomba because It wasn´t any puzzels, the level looks good but they should have made the city bigger and hidden the key better .

#27) The hardest level was great pyramid because I had to take the short cut at the third platform, but after seeing a video walkthrough I have also done it the right way at my third attempt so it was not impossible as I first thought.

#28) Anything else that you would like to add or say, please do so now. It´s a good game but I thought to many levels was to easy, so I´m hoping for harder puzzels next time. ~End Of Reflection, Thank You For Taking It~

Edited by sandra croft

• 1 month later...

#1) I Play TRA On PC

I wouldn’t know about save crystals, because I played on PC which had unlimited saves. I liked unlimited saves, mostly because I’m very uncoordinated and I hate having to do stuff over and over and over because I’m too clumsy. I wish for unlimited saves in all games…

- Wall Run

- Adrenaline Dodge

- Balancing Over Poles

I guess the balancing on poles would be my favourite, only because it didn’t cause me any stress, although I didn’t really care about it one way or another. The adrenaline dodge caused me a lot of stress until I learned how to do it, and after that it was fine. I do find it a bit useless when I’m trying to fight against a whole pack of enemies though. The wall running is fine too, except for the bit where you have to get Lara to jump backwards off the wall. I absolutely hate that move because I can only get it to work about 50% of the time.

Eh, I don’t really care enough about cut-scenes to think either “yay” or “nay” about their return. I don’t mind them, but I wouldn’t have missed them if they hadn’t made an appearance

I don’t mind that they were merged, I can’t remember anything in Tomb of Tihocan that I was particularly looking forward to seeing besides the centaur things. I’m very glad they kept the big water chamber of the Cistern though, I’d been looking forward to that level ever since I first heard about Anniversary.

#6) Worst remade level was The Great Pyramid because it nearly made me break my keyboard

I liked everything :woho: Except for those timed jumps in The Great Pyramid :angry:

Oh, no way :blink: Ummm… I did manage to find a fair amount of them on my own. I’ve gone through the game with a walkthrough up to somewhere in Egypt getting the artefacts and relics.

The one in the Caves.

I have no idea… I can’t remember…

- Wet Suit

- Classic Lara

- Camouflage

- Catsuit

- Legend

- Golden

- Doppelganger

- Scorched Natla

- Croft Manor Sport

I like the Camouflage, because it reminds me of AoD, which I love for some reason even though it’s not the best game in the world… If I have to choose a least favourite, I guess it would be the Classic Lara because it’s a bit creepy :smiley:

I did know that the SOLA logo had been removed, but I think I know that because someone on the forum pointed it out…

Nah, I am rubbish at this :smiley: I’ve got all the relics and artefacts up till somewhere in Egypt.

I don’t mind his new look, although I thought it was really hilarious how he used to follow Lara around with a tray of tea in the other games.

Yeah! I really miss her quad-bike track from TR3 though. I hope there’s a racetrack of some sort at Lara’s place in the next game.

Nope. I’ve only done one time-trial, and that was by cheating :smiley: I just get really bored with trying to complete speed-runs, so unless I happen to know a really short shortcut, I don’t bother.

I liked the maze, but I think in the next game they should rip it up and build a quad-bike track over it…

Not sure about these two. I didn’t find the bosses in TR:A horribly difficult, which is a good thing because I usually HATE boss fights. The T-rex battle caused me a lot of stress but once I learned to do the adrenaline dodge properly it was very easy. I seem to remember the giant mutant giving me a bit of stress though…

I wanted it to pick Lara up and smash her into the floor and them dangle her by her leg like the one in TR1 did :(

I liked it, it looked good.

I didn’t like her when I saw the promo stuff, but I liked her in the game.

Always Larson ^_^

#24) My favorite level was Ummm… too many to decide… I rather liked Tomb of Tihocan, and the Lost Valley was great too. And Palace Midas. And Temple of Khamoon.

#25) My least favorite level was the Great Pyramid because it nearly made me break my keyboard.

#26) The easiest level was The Caves because it’s the first level.

#27) The hardest level was The Great Pyramid because of those stupid retracting ledges and timed jumps.

I hope the next game is awesome like Anniversary ^_^

• 3 months later...

I like the checkpoints, but I think they should be associated to your log after pressing the PS2 Select button, which would be available on the main menu as well (not enabled at start of new game).

I think your exact spot should be saved to eliminate starting over after dying.

Crystal Dynamics must have thought it would be too easy that way.

#1) I Play TRA On PS2

#2) TR1 original had Save Crystals but TRA kept the Checkpoints like in Legend. What is your opinion on this? Do you think this was a good idea? I think it was best for check points. The save crystals bugged the heck out of me.

Liked:

Easiest:

- Adrenaline Dodge

Hated:

Hardest:

- Wall Run

#4) Interactive Cutscenes made a return, YAY or NAY? Yay

#5) Cistern and the Tomb of Tihocan have been merged into a single level. What are your thoughts on this? Do you think they should have just kept them as two separate levels? I can't really remember the first game and its levels that well so i was alright.

#6) Worst remade level was don't really have one.

#7) Best remade level was Midas because that main room is just amazing and beautiful.

#8) Did you get to collect every Relic? Or are you still on the hunt for them? If you are still on the hunt for them...which ones are you missing and where? I got them all.

#9) Which Relic did you find first? The one in the Lost Valley

#10) Which Relic was your favorite? The mummified cat

- Wet Suit

- Classic Lara

- Camouflage

- Catsuit

- Legend

- Golden

- Doppelganger

- Scorched Natla

- Croft Manor Sport

I really like all of them, especially classic as she makes me laugh, but altho I really like golden I can't play as golden. I dont know why but i hate playing with her gold.

Yes I noticed that right when i got it.

I got them all yay!!!

He has a new look???

#15) Do you miss Lara's Obstacle Course? Yea...

#16) Did you manage to complete Croft Manor's Time Trial? If yes, do you remember the time you made it in? I don't think so... I get so lost when trying to find that wrench... By the time I remember where it is i have lost 10 mins. So sad... Time trials scare me...

#17) Unlike in Legend, in TRA you can go outside of Lara's mansion, Do you feel like they could have added the Quad Bike area like in TR3 or just overall added more things to do outside? Really, I dont care if it was in or not. I know that Eidos will put it in one time or another.

#18) Hardest boss battle was Larson because... No no I am joking.

#19) Easiest boss battle was Natla because all you need to do is dodge and then flip over her.

#20) Legless mutant make-over...Liked or Didn't Liked? Why? He was alright... tho in the original he looked a bit more creepy

#21) T-Rex make-over...Liked or Didn't Liked? Why? Oh well he has come a long way since the original... Yea i like it

#22) Natla's make-over...Liked or Didn't Liked? Why? LOVE HER MAKE OVER!!! I just wish her unlocked outfit could have been her in her empress outfit or her work gear.

#23) Pierre Or Larson in TRA? Peirre

#24) My favorite level was Natla's Mines... I have always liked that level

#25) My least favorite level was the 2nd last inside the pyramid... What was it called? Anyways I hate timed things... Darn, that level really aggrivated me gggrrrr!

#26) The easiest level was Caves because it is introductory

#27) The hardest level was the same as Question # 25

#28) Anything else that you would like to add or say, please do so now. I really wish we could have rode the motor bike after the santuary of the scion. That would have been fun....

• 1 month later...

#1) I Play TRA On Windows XP Home Service Pack 2 and Windows Vista Home Premium without and with Service Pack 1.

#2) TR1 original had Save Crystals but TRA kept the Checkpoints like in Legend. What is your opinion on this? Do you think this was a good idea? I say no. I liked the idea that I could save anywhere at any time, thus avoiding the loss of progress that this system incurs before the next "savepoint".

- Wall Run
- Adrenaline Dodge
- Balancing Over Poles

Of the three, ranked best to worst: Wall Run, Adrenaline Dodge and Balancing on Poles.

Also, which one did you master the fastest, and which one became a little bit more complicated for you to get use to? Balancing and Dodge, in that order.

#4) Interactive Cutscenes made a return, YAY or NAY? If NAY please give a brief explanation. Nay: It limited the actions that I could do and made the game feel like it was strictly a console program (Nintendo, Sony, etc.) and less like the computer game that I played lo those many years ago, where I could choose and screw up on my own without any help.

#5) Cistern and the Tomb of Tihocan have been merged into a single level. What are your thoughts on this? Do you think they should have just kept them as two separate levels? These should have been separate. They were two distinct levels with their individual personalities.

#6) Worst remade level was Final Conflict because it wasn't true to the original.

#7) Best remade level was St. Francis' Folly because not only was it close to the original, it improved upon it.

#8) Did you get to collect every Relic? Or are you still on the hunt for them? If you are still on the hunt for them...which ones are you missing and where? I have found every relic.

#9) Which Relic did you find first? The first one listed.

#10) Which Relic was your favorite? Not sure.

- Wet Suit
- Classic Lara
- Camouflage
- Catsuit
- Legend <-----------
- Golden
- Doppelganger
- Scorched Natla
- Croft Manor Sport

#12) Lara's Wet Suit in TR2 read SOLA on her chest, did you noticed that in TRA SOLA was substituted with designs? That's a surprise to me. Then again, I might not have remembered it.

#13) Did you get to collect all Artifacts? Or are you still missing some/most of them? I've got them all.

#14) Did you like Winstons new look? Yes or No and Why? I liked it. It made him look more like an integral part of the family

#15) Do you miss Lara's Obstacle Course? Yes.

#16) Did you manage to complete Croft Manor's Time Trial? If yes, do you remember the time you made it in? Yes, but I don't remember. I had to redo the game when my old computer blew the motherboard.

#17) Unlike in Legend, in TRA you can go outside of Lara's mansion, Do you feel like they could have added the Quad Bike area like in TR3 or just overall added more things to do outside? I think both.

#18) Hardest boss battle was Natla because the timing for the using the adrenaline dodge to jump forward and over her when she charged was difficult to master.

#19) Easiest boss battle was the T-Rex because it was the easiest to dodge, provided I had the time.

#20) Legless mutant make-over...Liked or Didn't Liked? Why? Neutral. it was similar in some respects, different in others. The point where there was a secondary target to shoot at the arms stuck in the wall made things difficult.

#21) T-Rex make-over...Liked or Didn't Liked? Why? Loved it. Made it a true danger.

#22) Natla's make-over...Liked or Didn't Liked? Why? Loved it. Made her seem more real as a human.

#23) Pierre Or Larson in TRA? Both were improvements.

#24) My favorite level was Sanctuary of the Scion because it was intricate enough.

#25) My least favorite level was Obelisk of Khartoom because much of the original was missing from this level.

#26) The easiest level was The Caves of Vilcabamba because there wasn't much involved to accomplish; just a straight, linear level.

#27) The hardest level was Natla's Mines because the tasks and maneuvers to accomplish the objective were difficult.

#28) Anything else that you would like to add or say, please do so now. I would have loved to have seen the full original layout in this engine and see how it would work out. I'm wondering if they'll end up doing the same to the other TR-Originals Edited by Rapierman

• 2 months later...

Yes I noticed that right when i got it.

Great observation, nice reflections A++++ for all Lol :woho:

>Purple<

#1) I Play TRA On the Wii

#2) TR1 original had Save Crystals but TRA kept the Checkpoints like in Legend. What is your opinion on this? Do you think this was a good idea? I don't mind either

- Wall Run - Favourite

- Adrenaline Dodge - Least Favourite

- Balancing Over Poles - Neutral

Also, which one did you master the fastest, and which one became a little bit more complicated for you to get use to? Mastered 'Balancing Over Poles' first (easy), still not mastered the 'Adrenaline Dodge' :unsure:

#4) Interactive Cutscenes made a return, YAY or NAY? If NAY please give a brief explanation. NAY - these seemed out of place to me. I'd rather have had non-interactive cut-scenes all the way through and fought Larson, Pierre, Kid and Kold

#5) Cistern and the Tomb of Tihocan have been merged into a single level. What are your thoughts on this? Do you think they should have just kept them as two separate levels? I didn't mind too much. I enjoyed the water puzzle on this level although maybe a little extra for the actual Tomb would have been nice.

#6) Worst remade level was none. I thought they were all very well done.

#7) Best remade level was The Sanctuary of the Scion because I was always disappointed with the look of the great Sphinx in the original. I thought it looked spectacular in TRA

#8) Did you get to collect every Relic? Or are you still on the hunt for them? If you are still on the hunt for them...which ones are you missing and where? Got them all. Took me 45 hours of play on the first run through to make sure that I got everything. :rolleyes:

#9) Which Relic did you find first? Killer Whale Bottle

#10) Which Relic was your favorite? Griffin Head. I was just so pleased to get it after about a hundred attempts.

- Wet Suit

- Classic Lara

- Camouflage

- Catsuit Favourite. She looks cool in this.

- Legend

- Golden Least Favourite - hate the colour.

- Doppelganger

- Scorched Natla

- Croft Manor Sport

#12) Lara's Wet Suit in TR2 read SOLA on her chest, did you noticed that in TRA SOLA was substituted with designs? Didn't notice.

#13) Did you get to collect all Artifacts? Or are you still missing some/most of them? Yep. Got them all. :rolleyes:

#14) Did you like Winstons new look? Yes or No and Why? He was OK but I think I preferred the doddery old version with the tray.

#15) Do you miss Lara's Obstacle Course? Yes

#16) Did you manage to complete Croft Manor's Time Trial? If yes, do you remember the time you made it in? Not done any Time Trials yet

#17) Unlike in Legend, in TRA you can go outside of Lara's mansion, Do you feel like they could have added the Quad Bike area like in TR3 or just overall added more things to do outside? Yes. More would have been nice.

#18) Hardest boss battle was Natla because dodging those fireballs whilst trying to keep the Wii remote aimed correctly at Natla was a nightmare

#19) Easiest boss battle was T-Rex because it was pretty easy to keep out of it's way and lead it to the spikes

#20) Legless mutant make-over...Liked or Didn't Liked? Why? Liked. I enjoyed it's new moves (particularly the digestive maneuver!)

#21) T-Rex make-over...Liked or Didn't Liked? Why? Liked it - it was an interesting fight and a good introduction to boss fights - but I didn't find it as scary as the original

#22) Natla's make-over...Liked or Didn't Liked? Why? Liked it. I thought she looked great. Hated fighting her though!

#23) Pierre Or Larson in TRA? Pierre

#24) My favorite level was The Lost Valley because it looked great and I enjoyed solving the cog puzzle

#25) My least favorite level was Midas' Palace because I had problems with the Spike Pillar room for some reason.

#26) The easiest level was Mountain Caves because it was straightforward and the puzzles didn't really take much working out.

#27) The hardest level was The Final Conflict because of the fight with Natla. I got through the fight without dieing but I did have to use neraly all my medipacks.

#28) Anything else that you would like to add or say, please do so now. Loved the game! Really hope they do TR2 as an Anniversary edition as well (I loved that game). Thought the Wii version of TRA was excellent. I found aiming with the Wii remote a problem for the fights though, particularly Natla and the Centaurs. I also found that after an hour of play, Lara would start throwing her grapple with just the slighest move of the hand holding the Nunchuk and that was annoying (I had to hold the Nunchuk upright to stop this). Any other Wii players experienced this at all?

Edited by CookieMan

#1) I Play TRA On PS2.

#2) TR1 original had Save Crystals but TRA kept the Checkpoints like in Legend. What is your opinion on this? Do you think this was a good idea? It would have been more like the original with save crystals, however, the check points are very convenient to use. Either way, I would have been satisfied.

- Wall Run

- Adrenaline Dodge

- Balancing Over Poles

Although I like the concept of the wall run, it took me forever to figure out how to jump back off the rope. It also took me awhile to figure out the Adrenaline Dodge too, but once I mastered them both, I enjoyed them. The adrenaline dodge did become a tad bit repetitive though.

Also, which one did you master the fastest, and which one became a little bit more complicated for you to get use to? Balencing over poles was easiest for me to master, and I really liked this feature.

#4) Interactive Cutscenes made a return, YAY or NAY? If NAY please give a brief explanation. Interactive cutscenes made cutscenes more interesting, though it wasn't neccesary. My only real complaint about the interative cutscenes was that they kind of took away what had the potential to be some really awesome boss battles.

#5) Cistern and the Tomb of Tihocan have been merged into a single level. What are your thoughts on this? Do you think they should have just kept them as two separate levels? The game would have been longer had they been two seperate levels, so yeah, they should have kept them seperate.

I don't know, I thought they were all done pretty well.

Hard to say. I enjoyed them all.

I got them all!

I found the very first relic in the game first, because I had a feeling it was up there and I was very very persistant when trying to reach it. It paid off.

I don't remember them all... there was the one in that room in the Egypt levels, where you had to match the symbols on the pillars. I liked that one. Lol

- Wet Suit

- Classic Lara

- Camouflage Favorite... not sure why... it was stylish.

- Catsuit

- Legend

- Golden

- Doppelganger

- Scorched Natla Least favorite... I wanted to be NORMAL Natla...

- Croft Manor Sport

#12) Lara's Wet Suit in TR2 read SOLA on her chest, did you noticed that in TRA SOLA was substituted with designs? Yeah, I noticed that right away.

I got them all.

He creeped me out. Then again he creeped me out in the original games too.

#15) Do you miss Lara's Obstacle Course? Everyday. :(

#16) Did you manage to complete Croft Manor's Time Trial? If yes, do you remember the time you made it in? I did but I don't remember the time. It's probably saved on my memory card though.

#17) Unlike in Legend, in TRA you can go outside of Lara's mansion, Do you feel like they could have added the Quad Bike area like in TR3 or just overall added more things to do outside? I really really miss that assault course. I used to spend hours doing that alone. Sometimes I go back and play TR2 and TR3 and just run the assault courses, even today!

#18) Hardest boss battle was The Centaurs because I didn't yet know how to do the Adrenaline Dodge.

#19) Easiest boss battle was The Legless Creature because ... I'm not sure. I just figured it out really quickly.

#20) Legless mutant make-over...Liked or Didn't Liked? Why? Too easy. I liked the concept, but once you figure it out, you're done. They should have included more shooting and the hanging off the edge technique.

#21) T-Rex make-over...Liked or Didn't Liked? Why? It was pretty cool!

#22) Natla's make-over...Liked or Didn't Liked? Why? Natla did seem to be the most fun boss battle in the whole game, and it had more to do then just shooting her like in the original.

#23) Pierre Or Larson in TRA? I wanted to shoot them. But never ACTUALLY got the chance.

I dunno. I liked the Egypt levels!

Hard to say.

I don't remember.

I don't really remember. I think it was Atlantis because everytime I'd try to climb up that stupid pit those flying creatures would knock me off the ledge and into the lava. Grr!

Over all, I think this was a fine game, and I enjoyed it immensely!

~End Of Reflection, Thank You For Taking It~

• 5 months later...

#1) I Play TRA On PS2.

#2) TR1 original had Save Crystals but TRA kept the Checkpoints like in Legend. What is your opinion on this? Do you think this was a good idea? Yes they were. It was frustrating to have to save when you found a save crystal and sometimes they were far apart. I like haveing checkpoints.

- Wall Run

- Adrenaline Dodge I Liked this one very much!!

- Balancing Over Poles

I mastered the Balancing on poles first, but the Adrenaline dodge was a little harder to learn. I finally learned it when it came time to fight the T-REX.

#4) Interactive Cutscenes made a return, YAY or NAY? If NAY please give a brief explanation. I love cutscenes

#5) Cistern and the Tomb of Tihocan have been merged into a single level. What are your thoughts on this? Do you think they should have just kept them as two separate levels? I think it was good they made them into one level. In the original, the Cistern was too long of a level.

#6) Worst remade level was NONE because ____________________.

#7) Best remade level was EGYPT because I LOVE THE SETTINGS.

#8) Did you get to collect every Relic? Or are you still on the hunt for them? If you are still on the hunt for them...which ones are you missing and where? I HAVE COLLECTED ALL THE RELICS.

#9) Which Relic did you find first? ONE OF THEM WAS IN PERU

#10) Which Relic was your favorite? DON'T REMEMBER

- Wet Suit

- Classic Lara

- Camouflage

- Catsuit LOVED THIS ONE

- Legend

- Golden DIDN'T REALLY LIKE THIS ONE

- Doppelganger

- Scorched Natla

- Croft Manor Sport

#12) Lara's Wet Suit in TR2 read SOLA on her chest, did you noticed that in TRA SOLA was substituted with designs? NO

#13) Did you get to collect all Artifacts? Or are you still missing some/most of them? YES

#14) Did you like Winstons new look? Yes or No and Why? DON'T REMEMBER SEEING WINSTON IN THE GAME

#15) Do you miss Lara's Obstacle Course? YES

#16) Did you manage to complete Croft Manor's Time Trial? If yes, do you remember the time you made it in? I MADE IT BUT I DON'T REMEMBER WHAT THE TIME WAS

#17) Unlike in Legend, in TRA you can go outside of Lara's mansion, Do you feel like they could have added the Quad Bike area like in TR3 or just overall added more things to do outside? MORE THINGS TO DO OUTSIDE PLUS ADD IN THE QUAD BIKE. I LOVED THE QUAD BIKE AREA.

#18) Hardest boss battle was THE TWO CENTAURS because THEY KEPT FIRING FIREBALLS AT ME.

#19) Easiest boss battle was NATLA because.

#20) Legless mutant make-over...Liked or Didn't Liked? Why? DIDN'T LIKE BECAUSE THEY SHOULD HAVE HAD FLESH DANDLING OFF OF IT LIKE THE FIRST ONE.

#21) T-Rex make-over...Liked or Didn't Liked? Why? LOVED IT. MORE LIFELIKE AND BIGGER

#22) Natla's make-over...Liked or Didn't Liked? Why? LOVED IT. BECAUSE IT MADE HER LOOK MORE EVIL.

#23) Pierre Or Larson in TRA? HATED THEM BOTH

#24) My favorite level was EGPYT LEVELS because THEY WERE BEAUTIFULLY DONE.

#25) My least favorite level was NONE because.

#26) The easiest level was PERU because I PLAYED IT OVER AND OVER.

#27) The hardest level was NATLA'S LEVEL because THE STUPID LAVA AND FIRE.

#28) Anything else that you would like to add or say, please do so now. I THOUGHT THE REMAKE WAS WELL WORTH IT. i JUST WISH THEY WOULD MAKE A REMAKE OF 2, 3, 4, 5, AND DEFINTLY DO ANGEL OF DARKNESS.

• 3 years later...

I know how long it's been since the game came out, so I won't bother with the whole questionnaire thing. Fact is I loved TRA. I played it like I did the original, on PC, and the only thing I have to say that is noteworthy is to answer your question about checkpoints.

The checkpoint system is actually an improvement on the save crystal system, so it's superior as far as that goes. That said, I don't like the checkpoint system at all, in any game, because its only purpose is as a gimmick for making the game harder so the game developers don't have to work as much. It can take hours to learn entire sequences right, which means they can use the checkpoint system to extend the number of gameplay hours they've developed undeservedly.

Oh yeah, and one other thing: I hate interactive cut scenes. They only exist to give the player something to do during the movie, and since you are told whiich button to press every time, only provide a challenge when they limit the time they give you to react, which means that sometimes you can't get past a certain point even though you know exactly what to do, for no better reason than that a cutscene was playing. It's a departure from normal gameplay, too, which makes it a cheat. I don't like it when the game developer cheats. To my mind, the only one who should be allowed to cheat is the gamer. Others may look down on gamers who cheat, but I like to know that a game is still interesting even though one is cheating. I consider it the mark of a great game.

I meant what I said though. TRA was the best Tomb Raider game since game 5, better than Legend or even Underworld. Lara has always been at her best when far from the modern world, and the more she has to do with society, the less entertaining she is. Not saying that can't or shouldn't change, though. Obviously SOMETHING needs to change. I mean, near as I can tell, I'm the first one to comment on this site in over a year. I'd like to see that change.