Lara Croft Online Tomb Raider Forum

LARA CROFT ONLINE HOME PAGE

The Rant Thread

TR252

Dear morons digging up the gas pipes in my street:

If they give you fences to put around the holes you've made in the pavement, it might help to put those fences around the hole instead of standing them next to the hole. That way when people try to walk around the fences in the darkness, they don't end up stepping into the hole injuring themselves.

hand.jpg

I hate you all :angry:

not only that, they are supposed to put up those wooden barricades with reflective paint and a blinking light on top that comes on at night!!

http://www.theparkcatalog.com/mmPARK/Images/TCPL-BR-S14.jpg

I say sue them!!

^_^

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LOL, yeah, my sisters reckon I should go for some compensation :smiley: I can't bend the index finger on my left hand (although I can still type ^_^), I have a massive bruise on my left hip (I won't inflict a picture of that on you though :smiley:) and my left knee is bruised and scraped. Luckily nothing is broken, although I'm very irritated that I can't lie on my left hand side.

I don't know about the reflective stuff and blinking lights over here, but the fences definitely should have been around the hole instead of next to it. Worst thing was, the fences were on the bit between the hole and the road, so the only logical way for me to go that didn't involve me stepping out into the road led me into the hole. Not the best thing to happen while walking home in the darkness :rolleyes: And, if the fences hadn't been there, I wouldn't have stepped into the hole because I would've been looking at the ground instead of the fences. Doesn't stop me from feeling like a knob for stepping into a hole though... :smiley:

LOL, yeah, my sisters reckon I should go for some compensation :smiley: I can't bend the index finger on my left hand (although I can still type ^_^), I have a massive bruise on my left hip (I won't inflict a picture of that on you though :smiley:) and my left knee is bruised and scraped. Luckily nothing is broken, although I'm very irritated that I can't lie on my left hand side.

I don't know about the reflective stuff and blinking lights over here, but the fences definitely should have been around the hole instead of next to it. Worst thing was, the fences were on the bit between the hole and the road, so the only logical way for me to go that didn't involve me stepping out into the road led me into the hole. Not the best thing to happen while walking home in the darkness :rolleyes: And, if the fences hadn't been there, I wouldn't have stepped into the hole because I would've been looking at the ground instead of the fences. Doesn't stop me from feeling like a knob for stepping into a hole though... :smiley:

Sorry to hear this, Shrensh!

I'm pretty sure they are supposed to put little blinking lamps on any possibly dangerous works they are doing...However, if a scally like Rake was to come home from the pub after having a few beers, they probably won't remain there long, lol. The lights might only be required on the road rather than the pavement though, but fencing it a must!

Like J7, I say sue 'em!

The hole was not too deep, but it was deep enough that I fell on my face when I stepped in it :smiley: It was narrow so there's no danger of people falling into it, but it was still a pretty bad fall. I don't think anyone would have died from the fall, but they could very easily have broken something.

The hole was not too deep, but it was deep enough that I fell on my face when I stepped in it :smiley: It was narrow so there's no danger of people falling into it, but it was still a pretty bad fall. I don't think anyone would have died from the fall, but they could very easily have broken something.

Even if they'd filled the hole in and just left a dip, they have to leave warning or barriers around it. I agree with the others, you should sue - go and take a photo of the hole as well as your injuries - it might make them more careful in future. You were just bruised but imagine if that had been an elderly person with brittle bones.

The gas men are digging up our village at the moment and there are no lights but plenty of barriers. My father-in-law has no gas today we've left him an electric heater and he has a microwave but he does most of his cooking on the stove - which is gas. My route to the bus stop is part on the road (and it's a nasty corner) and part sidling past barriers - unless I doubled my walk and went the back way (I only just get the bus as it is) anyone with a pushchair or wheelchair would have real problems.

There are barriers around all the holes now. I think I must've come along at a very unfortunate time when they'd just finished working on the hole and hadn't put the barriers up yet. They were working down the road when I fell in (they were in a truck so they didn't see me. Or maybe they did see me and they're just nasty toerags). I'm not really interested in taking action, although I have taken photos of my bruises just in case. If I'd had to have medical attention I would've done something, but aside from being a little battered and embarrassed I'm fine.

There are barriers around all the holes now. I think I must've come along at a very unfortunate time when they'd just finished working on the hole and hadn't put the barriers up yet. They were working down the road when I fell in (they were in a truck so they didn't see me. Or maybe they did see me and they're just nasty toerags). I'm not really interested in taking action, although I have taken photos of my bruises just in case. If I'd had to have medical attention I would've done something, but aside from being a little battered and embarrassed I'm fine.

What time of the day was it that you tripped? Could the barriers have been removed by chavs...or drunk students?

It was at night. The barriers were all very neatly stood next to the hole waiting to be put around the hole (and my walking around them is the reason I stepped into the hole. Oh the irony!). The workers were definitely still around because I could see their truck with the flashing lights down the road, and the barriers were around the hole when I left the house the next morning.

I can bend my index finger halfway now, and it doesn't hurt to pick stuff up anymore as long as it's not too heavy. I still can't lie on my left hand side though. *sigh* Thanks for everyone's concern :wub2:

Sorry to hear about your fall, Shrensh. I agree, you should sue! Not sure what the laws are in the UK, but here in the US there's something called 'pain and suffering'. While there's people that go overboard on this, I think you deserve some compensation for the pain you're in and their carelessness. In the truck or not, they should have put the fence around it or had someone standing there. I hope you feel better soon. {{Hugs}}

aaaw - sorry about your fall Shrensh! (although the wicked side of me is laughing a little at the thought of you falling down a hole!)

You should really consider taking legal action here - seriously. Remember all those ads... have you been injured in a trip or fall etc.. well, yes, you bloody well have, so I say, go for compo, what have you got to lose - this is negligence and I think you'd have a very good case (keep the photographic evidence).

hope you feel better very soon!

x

Well Shrensh, my Friend;

if you won't sue; can I sue them?

I am getting pain and suffering from feeling your pain!!

:lol:

Yeah im having sympathy pains :lol:

your hand looks quite painful hope it and your hip gets better soon ^_^

LOL, well as nice as it would be to have some free money, I would feel too bad to sue. Meh, accidents happen :lol:

aaaw - sorry about your fall Shrensh! (although the wicked side of me is laughing a little at the thought of you falling down a hole!)

lol, yeah, I'm finding it quite amusing now, although it will be more amusing when the stupid bruises go away and I can use my hand properly again. I had fun telling people how I fell into a hole and then showing them my nasty-looking bruised up hand. The flash rather cancelled out the colour of the bruise in the picture somewhat, my fingers went an impressive shade of purple. Got lots of sympathy :smiley:

well my rant is that

At my school we have a group of 5 people were all friends or used to be

*me

*olivia

*dana :angry:

*emma

*kenneth

dana is like my bully she always teases me and i was like playing handball is better with (these other people) then dana just goes cause your a (female dog) so i walked away angry and then she was wondering why i was angry at her for the rest of the day then she goes on and calls me and our friend caitlin 1 aswell then emma was talking to me a bit more then dana so dana got jealous and started hanging around caitlin who she called a (female dog) and becomes best friends with her. Dana even made a story up about me

so i have to put up with things like that everyday

katty xx

well my rant is that

At my school we have a group of 5 people were all friends or used to be

*me

*olivia

*dana :angry:

*emma

*kenneth

dana is like my bully she always teases me and i was like playing handball is better with (these other people) then dana just goes cause your a (female dog) so i walked away angry and then she was wondering why i was angry at her for the rest of the day then she goes on and calls me and our friend caitlin 1 aswell then emma was talking to me a bit more then dana so dana got jealous and started hanging around caitlin who she called a (female dog) and becomes best friends with her. Dana even made a story up about me

so i have to put up with things like that everyday

katty xx

These things happen at school I'm afraid....In years to come you'll either not know any of them, or you'll have kept in contact and will laugh about "old times". You'll only know what I mean in years to come though, as now it'll seem like a constant headache with the odd patch of jealousy thrown in for good measure! :wacko:

It was at night. The barriers were all very neatly stood next to the hole waiting to be put around the hole (and my walking around them is the reason I stepped into the hole. Oh the irony!). The workers were definitely still around because I could see their truck with the flashing lights down the road, and the barriers were around the hole when I left the house the next morning.

I can bend my index finger halfway now, and it doesn't hurt to pick stuff up anymore as long as it's not too heavy. I still can't lie on my left hand side though. *sigh* Thanks for everyone's concern

[rant]So it was clearly their incompetence then.....Can't get the staff these days!

While we're on the subject of falling over, I had a similar encounter last Friday evening (after dark). This wouldn't have been so annoying had I not had called the Council about attatching an outdoor light to our stairs just weeks earlier (they refused by the way....)! We live in a first floor flat (appartment?) and our stairs outside have no lighting, leaving it very hard to see at night unless there's a full moon. So we'd just got home from the shops and (as usual) I was unloading the numerous bags from the car. I was on one of the last lots and I was walking down the stairs, anyway, I missed my footing on the second to last step and almost landed on my face. Luckilly I put my hands out to break my fall, although the result was still a badly cut thumb on one hand (skin peeled off leaving a nasty gash....although not quite severe enough to need stitching), a not so badly cut yet still very painful thumb on the other hand, dirty jeans and dented pride, it could have been much much worse had I hit my head!

Ok basically the council had previously wavered their way out of any possible injury claims by stating that as there was not a light there in the first place, if injury occured we wouldn't have a case. I think we would have myself, but no lasting injury occured so I doubt it would be worth the hassle. I WILL be calling them on the phone though. Just to make them aware that I'm not a happy bunny![/rant]

While we're on the subject of falling over, I had a similar encounter last Friday evening (after dark). This wouldn't have been so annoying had I not had called the Council about attatching an outdoor light to our stairs just weeks earlier (they refused by the way....)! We live in a first floor flat (appartment?) and our stairs outside have no lighting, leaving it very hard to see at night unless there's a full moon. So we'd just got home from the shops and (as usual) I was unloading the numerous bags from the car. I was on one of the last lots and I was walking down the stairs, anyway, I missed my footing on the second to last step and almost landed on my face. Luckilly I put my hands out to break my fall, although the result was still a badly cut thumb on one hand (skin peeled off leaving a nasty gash....although not quite severe enough to need stitching), a not so badly cut yet still very painful thumb on the other hand, dirty jeans and dented pride, it could have been much much worse had I hit my head!

Ok basically the council had previously wavered their way out of any possible injury claims by stating that as there was not a light there in the first place, if injury occured we wouldn't have a case. I think we would have myself, but no lasting injury occured so I doubt it would be worth the hassle. I WILL be calling them on the phone though. Just to make them aware that I'm not a happy bunny![/rant]

Ouch, that sounds painful :( Hmf, it's such rubbish that they can be absolved of responsibility just because there was no light there in the first place, especially after you called them and pointed out that the situation was dangerous :rolleyes:

That would make me so mad, Cliffy. Glad you weren't seriously injured...hope you feel better soon! Did you get the name of the person you spoke to when you were asking for the light? Then, you could maybe say that you spoke with so & so, and approx. what month/year it was, and the light was denied. They'd be in trouble for denying the light, not putting one in, then trying to cover it up by saying it's not their fault since there is no light! Seriously, sometimes people can be so stupid. Good luck on your phone call!

My mom is so eritating,I'm 16 and she is in total control of my life just a coupple of weekends ago she made me leave the mall because I didnt like the cloths she tried to buy me!! they were so ugly she has no life so she is trying to live life through me!!!

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! someone just kill me already!!!!!

it feels good to get it all out

That would make me so mad, Cliffy. Glad you weren't seriously injured...hope you feel better soon! Did you get the name of the person you spoke to when you were asking for the light? Then, you could maybe say that you spoke with so & so, and approx. what month/year it was, and the light was denied. They'd be in trouble for denying the light, not putting one in, then trying to cover it up by saying it's not their fault since there is no light! Seriously, sometimes people can be so stupid. Good luck on your phone call!

We took a name a couple of times but apparently they don't exist....Surprise surprise. Anyway, I'm all healeed now, lol. Thanx for the well wishes! :wacko:

Short version:

Tomb Raider: Legend for the PC is awful and no one should ever be subject to it.

Long(er) Version:

TR:L for PC has terrible controls, grainy graphics, sound problems and just generally, nothing feels "right" with it. I guess it just doesn't like my computer and the graphics/sound problem isn't entirely its fault. However, since my computer can run top notch games (Half Life 2, Call of Duty 4, etc), there's no reason it should have issues running a "last gen" title. The only thing good about TR:L in my mind at this point is that it somewhat revived the public's opinion of the franchise. Also, it should be noted that I like Anni and I think Underworld looks awesome. CD just didn't do things quite right the first go around. Not right at all (for PC at least).

I may play more and change my opinion, but at this point I'm ready to resign myself to being a "Legend hater" and be done with it. :S

Merry Christmas. :lol:

• 1 month later...

Wow, I was reading about those customers threatening you guys. You did nothing wrong. Some people are just loco. Being that I work in Tech Support, I might need to use this rant thread a bit more from now on. Haha.

Anyway... what's really burning my tail right now is the fact that it's Super Tuesday and the media is (still) only announcing the results of THEIR fave picks. Even though Ron Paul is doing very very very well (and has been from the start)!

Thanks, I feel better now. :)

Actually I'd also like to rant about Super Tuesday - and the fact that news programmes in the UK seem to think it is more important than our own news. Yes I'm interested in the results but a 5 minute slot could inform us of that, our breakfast news this morning even came from USA, sorry but I'll bet America doesn't devote over half a news slot to British news - just tell us in November who our PM will be grovelling to, we don't really care how they got there.

Hollywood is on a Remake Binge and after the recent Reboot Success of the James Bond Film, they are going to use the "Reboot" name and remake and revive past movie franchises like A Nightmare on Elm Street, Mortal Kombat, Star Trek (already in Production), etc etc.

Well this is what I think!!

stop freaking calling it 'Reboot', Hollywood!!

:rolleyes:

just be honest and call it

"We Ran Out of Original Ideas So We Are Going To Use the Reboot Excuse To Remake A Movie That Was Crappy 20 Years Ago And It's Gonna Turn Out Even Crappier 20 Years Later And We Hope Enough Morons Have Forgotten and/or Never Seen/Heard The Original And Will Be Suckers Enough To Pay $10 To See This Piece Of Crap!!"

:angry::angry::angry:

• 4 weeks later...

I havent been visting this forum for a while for two reasons. One being that school has tied up most of my time.

More importantly, I am returning to this forum because after being a member of a particular TR forum for some time, they started to make me mad. Everytime i went there, there was something new that they were complaining about and they gave absolutely no good critisizm for Eidos and CD AT ALL...

sorry to rant.. if this post is unnecessary then it may be deleted. Just was going to say that i will be on here more often on this forum from now on.

thanks for listening to my rant lol

thanks